cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Colin Britton" <>
Subject RE: dynamically generate SMIL documents
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2000 15:59:08 GMT

   Extract from

Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/smil

   MIME media type name: application

   MIME subtype name: smil

   Required parameters: none

   Optional parameters: charset

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremy Quinn []
Sent: Friday, March 24, 2000 4:03 AM
Subject: Re: dynamically generate SMIL documents

On 23/3/00 at 1:45 pm, (Stefano Mazzocchi) wrote:

>> hi:
>> i am trying to dynamically generate smi/smil (which seem to be
>> xml documents) files to be published for RealPlayer7 Take 5. Has anyone
>> tried to do this? do i have to write my own processor? xslt
>> in cocoon adds a <!DOCTYPE...> by default to all of its
>> having mime-type issues?
>You have to write your own SMILFormatter that outputs the right Doctype
>and right mime type.

Will we always have to write a new Formatter every time we need to produce a
new type of XML? Or is this a temporary solution?

Does anyone know what the official mime-type for SMIL is?

regards Jeremy

      Jeremy Quinn                                             media.demon
                                                           webSpace Design
      <phone:+44.[0].207.737.6831>          <>

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message