cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mike Engelhart <mengelh...@earthtrip.com>
Subject Re: Repository question again, sorry
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2000 03:42:33 GMT
Curt Gran wrote:

> Hi Again,
>
> I'm having a problem trying to create the file://./repository directory.
>
> Now people have been very kind to tell me that I should make a subdirectory
> where apache is installed and put specific permissions on it but I don't
> know where
> apache is installed.  It was installed by default on RH 6.0 and "which
> apache" returns nothing.
>
> ApacheJServ.jar is in usr/lib/apache.  Is that the location?
>
> Maybe I should be looking for httpd?  Just not sure.
>
> Thanks for everyone's help.
>
> Curt
I think RedHat puts the default Apache into
/home/httpd or /home/apache or something like that

look in the /home directory and you'll see it.  That's the directory where
the html and other files that get served by apache would be.

the binary application is stored somewhere else and you're right, it's
called httpd. try this;
find / -name httpd

Whoever designed the file layout for the Apache RedHat RPM defaults was
clearly drunk...

mike