cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Kearney, Bryan" <bkear...@novazen.com>
Subject Cache Understanding
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2000 20:56:26 GMT
I would like to check my understanging of the Cache mechanism. We have
written our own producer which access business objects and returns the XML
to cocoon. We expected, therefore, not to get too much benefit from the
cache since the XML document will always be dynamic. We are seeing, that the
stylesheet source is held in the store.

We are beginning to profile, and I am seeing that all subsequent calls to
Cocoon will result in the compilation of the stylesheet into a
StyleSheetRoot in Xalan. Is there any way to set up cocoon or Xalan to only
create the StyleSheetRoot once? Are we reading the code incorrectly and this
is already done?

We are using Cocoon 1.7 and Xalan .19.2.

-- bk