cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "K.C. Jones" <kjo...@phoenix-pop.com>
Subject Re: 2 xslt transformations
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2000 18:10:55 GMT
> By default, all XSLT processor _MUST_ remove all
> processing instructions if they are not explicitly told
> not to do so. [...]  simply by making the first stylesheet
> place the wanted PIs for your, for example

Doesn't your example creates a hardwired link between the
two XSLT transforms?  This is a pretty limiting constraint.
Is there a 'standard' parametric approach to pipelining a
series of XSLTs?  I would like to treat different XML-->XML
xforms as autonomous building blocks.

I think I can see how this could be achieved via tags in the
XML data stream -- but that too is sort of limiting.  Maybe
variables?  (Dr. Dudgeon's suggestion sounds like it might fit.
I'll have to chew on this for a while...)

kc jones
phoenix-pop productions
415.934.7719
kjones@phoenix-pop.com