cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Brian P Millett <...@ec-group.com>
Subject Re: SQL processor: dburl syntax for oracle
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2000 18:03:08 GMT
DUDGEON@britbio.co.uk wrote:

> I'm having difficulty getting the SQL processor to connect to oracle.
> This looks to me as if the dburl is incorrect. I'm using
>
> <connectiondefs>
>  <connection name="foo-connection">
>   <driver>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</driver>
>   <dburl>jdbc:oracle:thin@XX.XX.XX.XX:1521:d2k</dburl>
>   <username>XXXXXX</username>
>   <password>YYYYYY</password>
>  </connection>
> </connectiondefs>
>

> Can anyone spot anything wrong with this, or am I looking in the wrong
> place?

Tim, the above is correct (at least for me) for Oracle 8i,
Solaris_JDK_1.2.1_04, Cocoon 1.7.

Is the database (d2k) correct?

What was the query?  Something like this works:

 <query connection="foo-connection"
        null-indicator="y"
        tag-case="upper">
SELECT * FROM EMPLOYEE
 </query>

--
Brian Millett
Enterprise Consulting Group     "Shifts in paradigms