cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can't create store repository: /./repository
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2000 17:20:01 GMT
Ian Abbott wrote:

> "Kevin C. Rea" wrote:
> >
> > Donald,
> >
> > Let me ask you a question:  Does the directory '/./repository' make sense to
> > you?  Don't you think I read the damn error message?  How about telling us
> > an example of 'where' this might reside rather than assuming we can't read.
> >
> > -Kevin
>
> Kevin, sorry about this, but if you did read Donald's message then you
> would have seen him recommend setting an absoluate path in
> cocoon.properties.
>
> I mean, I came across this error when starting out with the XSP builds,
> but it only took me a second to realise that '/./repository' was some
> relative path that only Cocoon knew, so I just changed it to
> '/usr/freeware/apache/jserv/repository'...
>
> Not that hard, really, is it?

Please, people, such comments really don't help.

Kevin, you have all the rights in the world to ask about everything but
please, respect the people that are trying to help you because nobody is
forced to do so.

Donald might well had assumptions that you didn't have but he tried to
help you and this is what counts.

Ian, also tried to help, even if not in a smooth way :) but it might be
helpful to you.

People, it's not about how hard it is, but how friendly we all are.

cocoon is a project that shows the power of respectful and great-scale
collaboration and community engineering. So, keep in mind that respect
is the only currency we have around here and not showing respect is
exactly like stealing money from someone's pocket.

So, Kevin, your problem is easily solved if you look into the FAQ and
read the docs.

It also applies to most of you people.

And remember, less questions on this list, more time developers can
dedicate to write a better product :)

Hey, don't get me wrong: if you still don't get it or find it hard to do
something, you have _all_ the rights in the world to ask and if we care
about the project, we should make all the effort possible to help
you.... why? because users become developers only if they can use the
software :)

See, it's all about respect.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.