cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ian Abbott <i...@cinesite.co.uk>
Subject Re: Successful IRIX Install
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2000 10:21:12 GMT
Hi Tim,

Have you tried using the MIPSpro cc compiler that comes with the IRIX
developer environment? We have not had any problems here compiling with
the standard SGI cc on boxes from IRIX 6.2 up, and the resultant code is
better tuned for n32...

Here's what I used to compile our current webserver:

SGI IRIX 6.5.7
MIPSpro cc 7.3.1.1m

/path/to/apache/src/configure --prefix=/usr/freeware/apache \
	--with-layout=GNU \
	--enable-rule=IRIXN32 \
	--disable-rule=IRIXNIS \
	--enable-module=most \
	--enable-shared=max

I'm afraid if you haven't got access to cc, I can't help. We've chosen
to avoid gcc on compiles due to occasional conflicts reported by SGI
between cc'd n32 shared-libs and gcc'd n32 shared-libs.

I hope this helps
Ian

ian abbott: www programmer and designer, cinesite visual effects
@work: iana@cinesite.co.uk t +44 20 7973 4000 f +44 20 7973 4040
cinesite europe - 9/12 carlisle street, soho, london, uk w1v 5rg
kb{ the longeared ones are coming. run run run for your lives. }