cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Neil Katin <n...@askneil.com>
Subject Re: document() in cocoon again
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2000 18:18:54 GMT
I've been running into much the same problem, but I think that server
caching *is* the problem.  The cache validation algorithm seems to
detect changes to the "main.xml" file and to script arguments, but
I suspect it doesn't look at included files when deciding if the
cached entry is valid.

Peeking through the source code, I thought an easy fix would be to be to add
a "cache=false" argument to the script.  In your example:

	main.xml?cache=false

Alas, that too only helps the first page.  I think the fix needs to be
made to either cache/CocoonCache/getPage() to check the request for the
cache flag, or to have getPage check the original file to see if the timestamp
has changed.  But perhaps not, since:

I thought a more brute force approach would work: to change cocoon.properties
and uncomment the "cache ="line with "NoCache", and comment out the line
with "CocoonCache".  I tried this and it also didn't help (even though
the Cocoon.xml status page says "no cache", so I know the property change
was noticed).

Sigh.

	Neil Katin