cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: Stylesheet chaining
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2000 08:22:31 GMT
John Ky wrote:

> I'm currently trying to do stylesheet
> chaining of the sort:

[...]

> Is this problem specific to my
> configuration?  Is there a fix or
> workaround for this behaviour?

Well, the only way you can be sure that everything's loaded and compiled
from scratch is to delete the repository directory and restart cocoon
(it sometimes remembers stylesheets in memory, so deleting the
repository alone does not always help).

I think the cocoon team is working on this problem, however, it is not
easy to solve. Actually, if you asked me, I wouldn't know how to do it
without major design changes in cocoon's processing model (which,
incidentally, will change a lot with cocoon2).

With the combination of Java and XML/XSLT/XPath there are simply too
many possibilities of including this from there or reading that from
here. It's nice to have this freedom with cocoon, but a more rigid
processing model might have its advantages.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Softwareentwicklung