cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject XSP Organisation Problem
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2000 13:10:30 GMT
Hello,

how can I put class and/or method declarations into an <xsp:logic> block
that is not inside the <xsp:page> block? If that is not possible (looks
like it to me), then how can I distribute my XSP/Java Code over several
files?

I don't want to put all my Java code for all my XSP pages into one
single file, but am apparently forced to do so, because only the
<xsp:page> block can have declarations and there is only one <xsp:page>
block per file.

I organise my site (like everyone else, I suppose) with <xsl:import>
directives. So I have a central common.xsp file that contains the common
Java code needed for all pages. Then I have several special XSP files
with different purposes, and they import the common.xsp - however, I
can't find a way to merge the <xsp:page> block from the importing
stylesheet with the <xsp:page> block from the imported stylesheet.

Maybe I'm on the wrong track altogether. Is there a better to organise
XSPs?

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring