cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Schneider <Daniel.Schnei...@tecfa.unige.ch>
Subject Re: Applying different stylesheets
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2000 19:05:23 GMT
Mike Engelhart wrote:

> David Herring wrote:
> > As workaround until sitemaps become available you can link to the file
> > from another directory, and have relative paths for the stylesheet to pick
> > up a local copy in each of the directories.
> >
> > Thanks,  dave
> Duh - yeah, I forgot about that.  I even use that trick myself :-)

I use a solution that needs more typing :(

-------
<?xml-stylesheet href="results.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>
<?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>

<!DOCTYPE include [
 <!ENTITY xmlFile SYSTEM "proj12.xml">
]>

<include>
&xmlFile;
</include>
----------

In an other file:

<?xml-stylesheet href="all.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>
                       -------

The only advantage of this is that you keep XML data in "neutral"
format. Oh I also decided to use *.sxml for files handled by
Cocoon. *.xml files are left alone.
- Daniel

PS: I think it's a funny problem. For me the ability to have different
views of the same XML file (e.g. in business
one for marketing / support / users, in education one for all / abstract
/ ) was the FIRST thing that came to my mind when I first saw XSL.
Cocoon developers did not see that, proof that XML is a wide thing :)

--
Dr Daniel K.Schneider, TECFA (Educational Technologies and Learning)
Faculte de Psychologie et des Sciences de l'Education, University of Geneva,

TECFA - FPSE - Université de Genève
40, Bd. du Pont d'Arve, 1205 Genève
Tel: 41 22 705 9377 - Fax: 41 22 705 9379 - Office#: 6359