cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Maury" <jfma...@scort.com>
Subject Re: Win98, cocoon, class not found
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2000 16:11:27 GMT

Bruno Melloni wrote:

> I think I might have found a bug in the Win98 implementation, although I
> hope I'm proven wrong.  I say this because I had no problem setting up
> this configuration on a Linux box (although with versions of the
> software that were 1-2 weeks older, but that shouldn't be relevant).
>
> I am using Win98, JDK 1.2.2, JSDK 2.0, Apache 1.3.12, JServe 1.1, Cocoon
> 1.7, Xerces 1.0.2, Xalan 0.19.5.
>
> I have setup all the pieces in the configuration and properties files as
> I did with Linux (with appropriate changes for DOS paths) and attempted
> to access http://localhost/Cocoon.xml.  Cocoon has clearly begun loading
> (obviously from the cocoon.jar) but generated an error screen saying
> that it can't find the org.apache.cocoon.transformer.XalanTransformer
> class, which after checking I found in the cocoon.jar itself!!!
>
> I am clearly having some sort of classpath problem, although I have the
> proper wrapper.classpath statements for cocoon, xerces and xalan in
> jserv.properties.  Any ideas?

In JDK 1.2.x, having a class in the classpath is not enougth, you also must
have all classes used  by this class in the classpath, otherwise, the class
can not load.
Here is an example

public class A
{

  private void oneMethod() {
    B obj;
  }
}

If class B is not in the class path, even if the oneMethod is not called,
the A class cannot be loaded. This was not true in JDK 1.1, an exception
would be thrown when the method will be called but the class can be loaded.

Best regards
Jeff

> bruno

Jeff MAURY