cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Melloni <br...@melloni.com>
Subject Win98, cocoon, class not found
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2000 16:01:26 GMT
I think I might have found a bug in the Win98 implementation, although I
hope I'm proven wrong.  I say this because I had no problem setting up
this configuration on a Linux box (although with versions of the
software that were 1-2 weeks older, but that shouldn't be relevant).

I am using Win98, JDK 1.2.2, JSDK 2.0, Apache 1.3.12, JServe 1.1, Cocoon
1.7, Xerces 1.0.2, Xalan 0.19.5.

I have setup all the pieces in the configuration and properties files as
I did with Linux (with appropriate changes for DOS paths) and attempted
to access http://localhost/Cocoon.xml.  Cocoon has clearly begun loading
(obviously from the cocoon.jar) but generated an error screen saying
that it can't find the org.apache.cocoon.transformer.XalanTransformer
class, which after checking I found in the cocoon.jar itself!!!

I am clearly having some sort of classpath problem, although I have the
proper wrapper.classpath statements for cocoon, xerces and xalan in
jserv.properties.  Any ideas?

bruno