cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Cocoon on MAC
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2000 09:02:01 GMT
On 2/3/00 at 8:47 pm, tLier@wachter-is.com (Tilo Lier) wrote:

>I can't get Cocoon work on my Macintosh (MAC OS 9, WebSTAR 4.2, ServletExec
>2.2) ...
>
>Everything is working fine (WebSTAR and ServletExec) but i don't now how to
>install COCOON...

Off the top of my head, I think this is what I did :)

Put all of the .jar files that come with Cocoon into your Classes folder:

    HD:System Folder:Extensions:MRJ Libraries:MRJClasses:

This adds them to the System Classpath

Put an Alias of Cocoon's "Samples" folder into WebStar's folder so they can be
served.

>The first Problem for me is how to connect all .XML Files to the
>COCOON.JAR...

Create (or modify) a ".xml" suffix mapping in the WebStar Admin application,
mapping it to the "SERVLET" Action.

Then I think you have to set up something in ServletExec's Admin, but I don't
remember what, and I don't have access to the software right now (Sorry).

I suspect it is to do with mapping ".xml" to Cocoon's classpath
"org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon", and passing the path to Cocoon's properties file as
a parameter for initialising Cocoon. This is covered in the general
documentation.

hope this helps

regards Jeremy

      Jeremy Quinn                                             media.demon
                                                           webSpace Design
     <mailto:jeremy@media.demon.co.uk>       <http://www.media.demon.co.uk>
      <phone:+44.[0].207.737.6831>          <pager:jermq@sms.genie.co.uk>