cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Williams, Murray Todd" <murray_willi...@merck.com>
Subject RE: advice
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2000 15:45:56 GMT
The member of my team who does all the XSP/XSL work is away today, but from
I can understand, is there a chance that your XSP logic could be moved into
the XSL stylesheet instead of the base XML document so you can allow the XSL
to handle the redundant duplication? For the duplication of SELECT form
items, shouldn't you just put a custom <select-foo selected="name"> tag in
the XML and write your XSL so that it does the appropriate expansion and
logically puts the "SELECTED" attribute on the appropriate OPTION?

Again, I always do the design and let my poor faithful assistant figure out
the XSL/XSP, but I always start with the simplest conceptual layout for the
XML document and put all the ugly details and repetition in the XSL part.
I'm sure this doesn't help as much as you'd like.

Murray Todd Williams
MRL/RIS DATA WAREHOUSE PROJECT
Merck & Co., Inc.