cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Michel Lehon" <Michel.Le...@Outwares.com>
Subject RE: Win98, cocoon, class not found
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2000 09:00:04 GMT
> From: Bruno Melloni [mailto:bruno@melloni.com]
>
> Thank you, you nailed it on the dot.  I replaced the Xerces
> 1.0.2 wth 1.0.1 and
> the problem went away.  The windows version of 1.0.2 is
> definitely incomplete.

I don't know if it is incomplete or out of sync with Xalan.
To avoid problems use the jars bundled with Cocoon first.

> But a new problem popped up.  Now I get the error:
>
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Error creating
> org.apache.cocoon.processor.ldap.LdapProcessor:  make sure
> the needed classes
> can be found in the classpath (javax/naming/directory/DirContext).
>
> I checked and found that DirContext.class is in jndi.jar.  So
> I put jndi.jar in
> the classpath (by placing it in JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext), but
> that now returns an
> "Internal Server Error" when trying to access
> localhost/Cocoon.xml.  Could it be
> that Cocoon is actually looking for an LDAP service to be
> running on my PC?  If
> so, can you recommend one I can download?

There is a long thread out the LDAP processor running.

If you don't intend to use it just comment it out in the cocoon.properties
file
and forget about jndi.jar

it should look like this:
#processor.type.ldap = org.apache.cocoon.processor.ldap.LdapProcessor

If you need it then you should go the the sun java web site to get the
missing pieces.
(I don't know the exact address, but it should be rather easy to find)

I really think the LDAP processor should be commented out by default
to avoid all these problems people are having setting up Cocoon...

just my 2cents.

Michel Lehon.
Michel.Lehon@Outwares.com
SAS Data Warehousing & Web enablement.