cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Joe Colgan" <jcol...@gtwa.com.au>
Subject Store Repository
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2000 02:10:22 GMT
Hello,

Thanks in advance to anybody who helps with this problem of mine.

I'm having the "Can't create store repository" problem with a slight
variant. I've checked the mail archives and the BBS at magiccookie.com but
haven't been able to get it right based on previous advice. I'm running
apache 1.3.9 with Jserv 1.1 on Linux and Jserv is installed and working
fine. The Cocoon error message is as follows:

*****
Publishing Engine could not be initialized.

      java.lang.RuntimeException: Can't create store repository:
/./repository. Make sure it's there or you have writing permissions.
              at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.init(Compiled
Code)
              at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Compiled Code)
              at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Router.init(Compiled Code)
              at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Compiled Code)
              at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.(Compiled Code)
              at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.getInstance(Compiled Code)
              at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.init(Compiled Code)
              at org.apache.jserv.JServServletManager.load_init(Compiled
Code)
              at org.apache.jserv.JServServletManager.loadServlet(Compiled
Code)
              at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(Compiled
Code)
              at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(Compiled Code)
              at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)
*****
Cocoon is in the default ApacheJserv servlet zone named "root" with the
associated properties file named zone.properties. At present this file shows
the following config items that pertain to Cocoon:

Repository directory ->
repositories=/usr/local/www/cocoon-1.7/bin/cocoon.jar
Init Params ->
servlet.org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.initArgs=properties=/usr/local/www/cocoon-1
.7/conf/cocoon.properties

Where should the "repository" directory be located?
Do I need to create the "repository" directory with 755 permissions?
Can anybody tell me what the (Compiled Code) error in the error message
means?

I'm sure the problem is staring me in the face but I'm relatively new ilnux
and Apache so any help would be great!!

Thanks

Joe Colgan