cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Curro, Joseph" <Joseph.Cu...@time0.com>
Subject Re: Percussion
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2000 15:38:12 GMT
Yes.  Percussion is the company.  RhythmX is the software.  It takes HTML
and converts it.  You have to mark up your HTML first with SPAN tags that
have CLASS attributes that map back to XML element names.  I never really
got it working properly.  It has a hefty memory requirement: 128MB RAM
(192MB Recommended).

I have had much more luck with eXcelon Stylus XSL Editor from ODI
(www.objectdesign.com/excelon).  It has an HTML import utility and a
real-time preview mode.  I rely on this tool for XML/XSL development the way
I rely on HomeSite/ColdFusion Studio for HTML work.

Joe

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 14:58:11 -0800 (PST)
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
From: Josh McCormack <joshmccormack@yahoo.com>
Subject: Percussion

Anybody heard of Percussion? Software package that as
I understand it takes HTML and makes XML/XSL that you
can embed SQL in. I have to check it out for work and
I've been a vocal fan (with some interested audience)
of Cocoon and XSQL, so I'm going to compare and
contrast. The ease of being able to continue to use
relatively easy to use HTML markup is appealing,
though, to keep productivity up here and keep down the
requirement for extensive training. Opinions and
alternates very welcome.

Josh