cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mike Engelhart <mengelh...@earthtrip.com>
Subject Re: cache bugs?
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2000 17:57:52 GMT
Donald Ball wrote:

>> Good thing.
>>
>> How about a "flush" button in the cocoon status page? Could cause DoS
>> but you should not restrict that page anyway.
>>
>> What do you think?
>
> +1 from me. both a line item flush and a flush the whole thing would be
> handy... as long as we didn't have to rely on them ;)
>
> - donald

Why don't we just fix the damn thing!!?? :-)

I have looked at the cache classes and from my cursory look it appears
totally simple. Is it really that simple of an object cache or did I miss
something?  I have very specific caching needs which are relatively complex
so I would like to look at other examples of object caching and begin
working on one.  Does anyone know of any source code for caching that is
available for me to look at.  I just don't know any algorithms other than
whipping up a brute force approach which is what the existing cache appears
to do.

Mike