cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mark Washeim <esa...@canuck.com>
Subject Re: OutOfMemoryError(s)
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2000 13:06:33 GMT
on 11/2/2000 01.47, Ulrich Mayring at ulim@denic.de wrote:

> Mark Washeim wrote:
>
>> parents. It does, seem to by a Stylesheet problem, I just can't isolate it,
>> since the error creeps up unexpectadly. Sometimes just refreshing the
>> browser solves the problem.
>
> If it's the same problem I have, then refreshing the browser shouldn't
> work (if the cocoon page cache is disabled, otherwise you'll get the
> cached page on a refresh).

Quite literally, the Out of memory condition takes place. I hit refresh, out
of memomory, refresh, out of memory, refresh PRESTO!?!?! (Shift refresh)

> I did this test: deleted stuff liberally from my stylesheet. I then
> found that it doesn't matter what portions of the stylesheet I delete,
> but it matters *how much* code I eliminate. Even if I eliminate
> unused(!) templates, the memory situation becomes better (meaning I have
> to reload more often in order to run out of memory).

I'll try to do the same. I'd guess we'll see the same results.

> If you need to kill some time, try to reload the index page from the
> supplied samples a few hundred times and you'll run out of memory there
> as well (at least I do).

I'll try running apache bench against the index page under a couple of
different scenarios (ie., total requests, concurrent requests, etc). I did
this last night against the xsp/page.xml file. Not too encouraging. Of
course, I'm not discounting the environment. I'll post results.

Thanks and regards,

--
Mark (Poetaster) Washeim

'In Xanadu did Kublai Khan