cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mike Engelhart <mengelh...@earthtrip.com>
Subject Re: Installation help
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2000 19:07:12 GMT
Toby Ferguson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm installing cocoon on a apache 1.3 - I've followed (as closely as I
> can tell) all the instructions that come with cocoon, but when I attempt
> to access a *.xml page netscape pops up a dialog for me to download the
> file! Clearly apache and jserv don't think that .xml needs to cause
> cocoon to run, but I've struggled for quite some time and can't seem to
> change the status quo - anybody got tips on how to proceed to find out
> why my xml file is causing the cocoon servlet to run (yes - servlets DO
> work - I've got the IsItWorking servlet running)
>
> Thanks
>
> Toby Ferguson
Something is not configured correctly because Cocoon shouldn't be spitting
out xml files. It should be sending back a mime type of "text/html" which
happens if it's processed correctly (at least for that particular example).
There's a lot of configuring to get Cocoon working so double-check all your
configurations including your JServ configuration and make sure they match
everything in the examples *exactly

Mike