cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mike Engelhart <mengelh...@earthtrip.com>
Subject Re: Session Created by XSP? [was RE: redirect]
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2000 23:34:49 GMT
Ed Wolpert wrote:

> I just updated my system to try this... but I got behavior that I didn't
> expect. Basically, if the user's session doesn't exist (timeout, not
> created,etc) I want to redirect. The XSP technique to redirect works,
> however, now it seems that the session is created after the redirection.
> Does this sound correct? (Is this a feature versus bug versus user error)
I was looking through the source code and unfortunately the xsp-java.xsl
file has the following it in it.   I don't understand why this is there
except so that maybe XSP's have access to the session object but why it
creates one for you I don't understand.

Mike

**********from xsp-java.xl********************
    // Make session object readily available
        HttpSession session = request.getSession(true);

        <xsl:for-each
select="/processing-instruction()[not(contains(.,'xsp'))]">
          document.appendChild(
            document.createProcessingInstruction(
              "<xsl:value-of select="name()"/>",
              "<xsl:value-of select="."/>"