cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Simon Waddington <Si...@ZapNetworks.com>
Subject RE: Cocoon 1.7 with WebLogic 4.5.1 - still busted
Date Tue, 29 Feb 2000 01:08:48 GMT
Does anyone have a working startWebLogic.bat/cmd file that they can send me?
No amount of fiddling with JAVACLASSPATH, WEBLOGICCLASSPATH, changing to
JDK1.1, moving files to the current disk etc. etc. seems to help.

If I don't have cocoon.jar on the JAVACLASSPATH I get the unable to load
stylesheet exception, if I do I get a NoClassDefFound exception for one of
the servlet classes and if I add the servlet Jar shipped with Cocoon 1.7 to
either the claspath or WEBLOGICCLASSPATH the server fails to start at all.
Maybe WebLogic 4.5.1 and Cocoon don't work at all?

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Waddington [mailto:Simon@ZapNetworks.com]
Sent: Monday, February 28, 2000 2:15 PM
To: 'cocoon-users@xml.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Cocoon 1.7 with WebLogic 4.5.1

> Did you upgrade your cocoon.propererties file?

Yes I did - I used a completely new Cocoon 1.7 tree.

Since it looked like a class path problem I just tried adding all the cocoon
related jars to the JAVACLASSPATH in my startWebLogic.bat as well as the
WEBLOGICCLASSPATH.  Now I get a different exception which I'm not sure means
I got further or have a different problem altogether...

Mon Feb 28 14:07:47 PST 2000:<I> <ServletContext-Servlets>
weblogic.servlet.File
Servlet: init
Mon Feb 28 14:07:50 PST 2000:<I> <ServletContext-Servlets>
org.apache.cocoon.Coc
oon: init
Mon Feb 28 14:07:50 PST 2000:<E> <HTTP> Servlet request terminiated with
Error:

Mon Feb 28 14:07:50 PST 2000:<E> <HTTP> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
javax/servlet/ServletRequest
        at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.init(Cocoon.java:119)