cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joel Hughes <j...@redknee.com>
Subject RE: Cocoon XSP Session ID != Jserv HTTPSession ID
Date Sun, 13 Feb 2000 19:55:25 GMT

Joel

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Engelhart [mailto:mengelhart@earthtrip.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 12, 2000 10:54 AM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Cocoon XSP Session ID != Jserv HTTPSession ID

Joel Hughes wrote:

> Issue

> XML -> XSP -> XSLT -> HTML -> post to servlet -> servlet put.Value into
> session
>
> -> next round of XML -> XSP get.Value from session (values null, as not
the
> same session)
What is the XSP and servlet code you wrote that is getting the session
value?  The XSP engine automatically calls getSession(true) for every XSP
request page. Are you forcing it somehow to create a new session  in your
servlet or XSP pages?  I've been using sessions with XSP and servlets for a
while now and it works fine. The only change I made was to the XSP engine
code to make it call getSession(false) so that it didn't automatically
create a session. This should be changed to the default because rarely do
you want the XSP engine/servlet engine to control session generation.

Mike