cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ed Wolpert <wolp...@radiancegroup.com>
Subject RE: Session Created by XSP? [Problems with xsp-java.xsl]
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2000 23:52:09 GMT
I don't understand why XSP requires the session? Does it need it?
For the app we're developing, we want to control session creation...
and this will most likely cause us problems. Does anyone know why
this is needed for XSP?

If it's not needed, what needs to happen to change this in the
source?

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Engelhart [mailto:mengelhart@earthtrip.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2000 4:35 PM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Session Created by XSP? [was RE: redirect]

Ed Wolpert wrote:

> I just updated my system to try this... but I got behavior that I didn't
> expect. Basically, if the user's session doesn't exist (timeout, not
> created,etc) I want to redirect. The XSP technique to redirect works,
> however, now it seems that the session is created after the redirection.
> Does this sound correct? (Is this a feature versus bug versus user error)

I was looking through the source code and unfortunately the xsp-java.xsl
file has the following it in it.   I don't understand why this is there
except so that maybe XSP's have access to the session object but why it
creates one for you I don't understand.

Mike

**********from xsp-java.xl********************
    // Make session object readily available
        HttpSession session = request.getSession(true);

        <xsl:for-each
select="/processing-instruction()[not(contains(.,'xsp'))]">
          document.appendChild(
            document.createProcessingInstruction(
              "<xsl:value-of select="name()"/>",
              "<xsl:value-of select="."/>"