cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Curt Gran <curtg...@execpc.com>
Subject Re: Help: Everything but the last step?
Date Sun, 27 Feb 2000 18:29:30 GMT
Milan,
         Thank you for the response.  I looked in the file and that
statement is there and the one next to it is true so it should display but
I cannot get the Cocoon.xml page to display.  It just says that Cocoon.xml
was not found on this server.  At this point I'm not sure what to do.  I do
not have any of the other packages installed like Xerces, etc.  Do I need
those to get this to work? (I'm working on the assumption, No)
         In the install instructions there is a line that says I have to
pass the location of the cocoon.properties file to the servlet zone and
then it gives this line:

servlet.org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.initArgs=properties=[path-to-cocoon]/bin/co
coon.properties

I left the default /etc/httpd/conf/jserv/zone.properties file alone but I'm
wondering if the above line needs to go somewhere in order to get Cocoon
working.  I don't know what file that line is suppose to go in? Do I need
this line somewhere to get the Cocoon.xml test working?

I'm asking all this because I don't know why Cocoon doesn't seem to be
working.  When you follow the directions and don't understand them 100%
it's hard to figure out what might be wrong from the list of about a
million possibilties.  I hope someone can help me decipher what is wrong as
I try to learn how all this pieces together.

Thanks again.

Curt