cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Installing Cocoon 1.7
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2000 23:06:33 GMT
Craig Altenburg wrote:

> on 2/24/00 4:35 PM, Terry Paddy at terry@rostersetc.com wrote:
>
> > Thanks Raj,
> > I didn't think of that. A new cocoon.properties file!
> > Still no joy though, but a new error when selecting "Live Samples" ..
> >
> > Publishing Engine could not be initialised.
> > java.lang.RuntimeException: Error creating
> > org.apache.cocoon.processor.ldap.LdapProcessor: make sure the needed classes
> > can be found in the classpath (javax/naming/directory/DirContext)
> > at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Manager.java, Compiled Code)
> >
> > Thanks .. Terry
>
> I am seeing the same thing.  I'm running cocoon under Jakarta Tomcat on a
> Linux box.
>
> I'm using tomcat's version of:
>     servlet.jar
>     xml.jar
>
> And also:
>     xerces-1_0_1
>     xalan_0_19_5
>     fop_bin_0_12_0

Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew I missed something!!!!!!!!!!!

Shit.

Guys, the LDAP processor should be commented out. Do so by locating

# LDAP Processor
processor.type.ldap = org.apache.cocoon.processor.ldap.LdapProcessor

and comment out the line like this

# LDAP Processor
#processor.type.ldap = org.apache.cocoon.processor.ldap.LdapProcessor

This will solve the problems.

Sorry about that.

(or download the JDNI.jar package from javasoft)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.