cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: problems with cocoon and servletexec
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2000 13:59:26 GMT
Donald Ball wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Feb 2000, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
> > Donald Ball wrote:
> > >
> > > Hiya guys. I'm having a teensy bit of trouble with cocoon, servletexec,
> > > and iis 4. I've set up cocoon to filter .xml files and have the default
> > > directory document set up to be index.xml. Wen I request index.xml
> > > directory, everything works fine, but when I request it as a directory
> > > (e.g. /foo/), cocoon is not invoked. Anyone have any ideas? It's a fairly
> > > urgent matter, any help is appreciated.
> >
> > Sounds like a problem in the IIS->ServletExec tunnel. When the URI is
> > received is remapped but doesn't go thru futher remapping... it might
> > even be an IIS bug.
>
> I actually found something of a resolution on the net, but I don't fully
> understand it. I'm continuing to poke, and will add ServletExec
> documentation when I get it figured out.
>
> > Anyway, you know that the anwers is... throw away that thing :)
>
> And use what servlet engine for IIS instead?

how about trying the mod_jserv port for IIS ;-) (it's in the
jakarta-tomcat module, somewhere)

> Oh, throw away IIS as well?

Yeah, maybe a solution.

> And NT while I'm at it?

Don't be that drastic, Apache works on win32 with no problems. You know
I'm a win32 user myself.

> I'd love to, but that's not always a decision I'm
> allowed to make. Clients like brand names. Go figure.
>
> - donald is a registered trademark of cocoon incorporated

:) gosh, didn't realize we got incorporated into something...

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.