cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen <steen-be...@unixsnedkeren.dk>
Subject How can I use brackets in SQLProcessor?
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2000 01:13:54 GMT
I have the following code:

 <query connection="foo_connection" tag-case="lower" row-element="tr"
doc-element="table">
<!-- select id, owner, filename, size, MIME from items -->
  select count(*) from items
 </query>

(with an appropriate call to jdbc on top - this works)

This returns

[cactus@asserballe src]$ lynx -dump localhost/~cactus/d2.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<page>

 <sqlerror message="INVALID_CHARACTER_ERR"/>

</page>

where I get the documented behaviour if I specify some comma-seperated
fields.  "select * from items" fails with

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<page>

 <sqlerror message="Error during query: Unexpected Exception:
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException message given: 150664"/>

</page>

(which might be due to a large blob in there).

The question for me is now.  I would like to have parentesis in my query
(to get the length of the blobs), but I am not so familiar with XML,
Cocoon,  JDBC and SQLProcessor, so I would appreciate a hint for how to
do it roperly.  Should they be escaped?  Is this an XML issue?

Could a kind sole please tell me how to do this right with this exciting
technology?

Best regards

--
  Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen               "...plus...Tubular Bells!"
  http://www.mip.sdu.dk/~ravn