cocoon-users mailing list archives

From ron.c...@talk21.com
Subject Re: cocoon security model
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2000 21:13:55 GMT
Russel

I want to be able to authenticate against an external database using a custom form

I've done this before using a servlet, the servlet then controlled all page delivery, therefore
if the user does not authenticate he goes no further.

I would like to do the same within Cocoon

thanks
Ron

> Ron,
>
>Since cocoon IS a servlet, I'm not sure how you want to access everything?  Do you want
to have one list of users and passwords that provides access
>to all xml docs?  Do you want have an acl for each resource?  How do you want to avoid
using servlets?

>-rrc
>ron.chan@talk21.com wrote:
>
> has anyone got a security model that works with cocoon
>
> I would like to setup a password login screen using a form and authenticate against a
database

> I can do this if the whole site is built on servlets, but I can't figure out how this
can be done with using xml files that are parsed by cocoon.