cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "christopher baus" <christop...@baus.net>
Subject Re: More newbie questions for the SQLprocessor.
Date Sun, 20 Feb 2000 02:26:41 GMT
Do you have your GRANTS set properly?  By default mySQL allows logins to
occur only from the localhost.  Logins are controlled by the host and user
fields user table of the mysql database.  This is covered fairly extensively
at
http://www.mysql.com/Manual_chapter/manual_Privilege_system.html#Privilege_s
ystem

Also make sure you "FLUSH PRIVILEGES;" after changing grants.

----- Original Message -----
From: Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen <ravn@mip.sdu.dk>
To: <cocoon-users@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, February 19, 2000 3:57 PM
Subject: More newbie questions for the SQLprocessor.

I have the following snippet of XML for the SQL-processor

 <query
connection="foo_connection" tag-case="lower" row-element="tr"
doc-element="table">
<!-- select id, owner, filename, size, MIME from items -->
  select id from incoming
 </query>

If I run it against a mysql 3.22.22 on localhost, I get a rendered table
back.  If I run the same XML-page remotely against a mysql 3.22.32 (with
99% certain that the login parameters are correct) I get the following in
my error log.

java.sql.SQLException: Communication link failure: Bad handshake
        at org.gjt.mm.mysql.MysqlIO.init(MysqlIO.java:278)
        at org.gjt.mm.mysql.Connection.<init>(Connection.java:230)
        at org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver.connect(Driver.java:126)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:76)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:119)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.sql.ConnectionCreator.getConnection(ConnectionCr
eator.java:76)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.sql.ConnectionDefs.getConnection(ConnectionDefs.
java:179)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.sql.SQLProcessor.process(SQLProcessor.java:139)
        at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java:284)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:588)
        at
org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(JServConnection.java:314)
        at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(JServConnection.java:188)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java)

This is Cocoon 1.6.1 with mm.mysql.jdbc-1.2b.

And a related question.  I would like to change the
<fieldname>aksdjadsf</fieldname> tags around each field to a plain
HTML.

I am still new to this - what are the magic incantations?

--
  Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen               "...plus...Tubular Bells!"
  http://www.mip.sdu.dk/~ravn