cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@infoplanning.com>
Subject How do you pass non-breaking spaces?
Date Tue, 29 Feb 2000 20:26:14 GMT
One problem I ran into with early prototypes, is that Cocoon converted
my &nbsp; elements to &amp;nbsp; so that the client displayed &nbsp;
instead of a non breaking space.  The reason this is so important, is
because of a bug in Netscape's rendering engine that removes all
formatting for an empty cell.  The element was placed in the XSL layer,
because it really had no business in the XML layer.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?  I haven't tried it with Cocoon 1.7
yet.

If it can't be done, then how else can we force Netscape to incorporate
all formatting for cells that have no information?  I find that transparent
images are clumsy, and add more text to download than a simple &nbsp;
element.  If that's what I need to do...