cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ross Burton" <bur...@dcs.kcl.ac.uk>
Subject Re: config question (Cocoon 1.7)
Date Tue, 29 Feb 2000 11:52:32 GMT
> BTW I read your mail about your problem with the ./repository file.
> What I did was changing the path in my  cocoon.properties file like this:
>
> processor.xsp.repository = /usr/local/apache/xsp/repository
>
> and than I created the directory with these rights:
>
> drwxr-xr-x   2 nobody   nogroup      1024 Feb 28 23:40
> /usr/local/apache/xsp/repository/
>
> And that is just working fine for me.
> I hope the rights I gave to this directory are not a savety hole if
> someone knows I would appreciate it.

I'm not qualified to reply to this fully (Ben Laurie - can we have your
professional opinion?  :-)  but:

* other read/access should be off (drwxr-x---) because then somebody could
login and read the files.
* Then as it is owned by nobody/nogroup (which I assume Apache runs as) no
other processes can access it.
* It looks like the xsp directory is outside your document root (which is
probably /usr/local/apache/htdocs) so web users can't access the directory

Seems okay to me, once the world access rights have been removed for
completeness.

Ross Burton