cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ross Burton" <bur...@dcs.kcl.ac.uk>
Subject Re: other .jar files
Date Tue, 29 Feb 2000 11:43:35 GMT
> ant.jar

Java Ant - a pure Java building system similar to "make" under Unix.  This
is only required if you planon rebuilding Cocoon from source.

> xml.jar

Sun's ProjectX XML parser, required by Ant.  Hopefully this will be removed
soon as Ant can be easily patch to user Xerces as its XML parser.

> stylebook-1.0-b2.jar

Stylebook is a project similar to Cocoon, except that it generates content
offline.  This is only required if you plan on building the documents for
the web site (or would like to see the documentation look pretty) and will
be removed when Cocoon 2 is released as the offline content ideas from
Stylebook are being merged into Cocoon 2.

> shipped with cocoon 1.7 are for?
> Will I need to include any of these jars into my classpath?

Not unless you plan on developing Cocoon, instead of only using it.

Ross Burton