cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Laurent Eskenazi" <lesken...@mail.inforama.fr>
Subject Troubleshooting
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2000 09:15:22 GMT
Hi!

I just re-installed Cocoon with Jserv, and installed every sample in
apache's htdocs directory.
The problem is that I'm encountering an error I can't manage to fix:

Publishing Engine could not be initialized.

     java.lang.RuntimeException: Error creating
org.apache.cocoon.transformer.XalanTransformer: make sure the needed
classes can be found in the classpath
(org/apache/xalan/xpath/xml/XMLParserLiaisonDefault)
             at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Compiled Code)
             at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.(Compiled Code)
             at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.getInstance(Compiled Code)
             at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.init(Compiled Code)
             at org.apache.jserv.JServServletManager.load_init(Compiled
Code)
             at org.apache.jserv.JServServletManager.loadServlet(Compiled
Code)
             at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(Compiled
Code)
             at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(Compiled Code)
             at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)

The strange thing is that I have set up the wrapper.classpath for Xalan, so
that Cocoon should see the XMLParserLiaisonDefault class, but it doesn't.

Does anybody know how to fix this ? Maybe this come from a wrong
installation of the sample file, so could anybody explain me the right way
to access these with Jserv (I just set the servlet zone and copied the
sample directory).

Thanks per advance

Laurent