cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ross Burton" <bur...@dcs.kcl.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Cache and producer
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2000 21:43:21 GMT

> I have written a producer which generates static XML (like the
> DummyProducer). It works fine - but after the first call the resulting
page
> is cached. When I then change the XML data and recompile the producer I
> still get the old output.
>
> I have set
>
> cache = org.apache.cocoon.cache.NoCache
>
> in cocoon.properties - but this does not help. Neither does restarting
> Apache 1.3.9 and Jserv 1.1. The only way to get the new output seems to be
> by rebooting my system (Win98).

Are you sure it's not the browser caching?  Most browsers only check the
file from the server for updates once every session, change this to every
time and it should work fine.  I had this problem in Netscape  (I don't any
more because Cocoon has broken again!)

Ross Burton

"Thirty days with a crew of viral masochists and a ship that thinks it's a
cuddly toy."
 - Diziet Embless Sma, 'Use of Weapons' - Iain M. Banks

Slipstream: http://come.to/slipstream
The Culture: http://come.to/theculture
ICQ: 5167146