cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ed Knutson" <...@webcombo.net>
Subject Apparent XSLT passthrough
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2000 23:51:56 GMT
Hello....

I am interested in using Cocoon to make my company's website more
manageable.

I installed Apache 1.3.9 on Windows 98 with Jserv 1.1b3.  I then added
Cocoon and placed the example files in my htdocs path.  When I try to
retrieve hello.xml with Netscape 4.7, I get a blank screen with the
following source:

                      "http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/strict.dtd">
<?xml-stylesheet href="hello.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>
<!-- Written by Stefano Mazzocchi "stefano@apache.org" -->
<page>
 <title>Hello</title>
 <content>
  <paragraph>This is my first XML/XSL file!</paragraph>
 </content>
</page>

<!-- This page was served in 220 milliseconds by Cocoon 1.6 -->

My error log is clean.  Apparently, Cocoon is attempting to translate the
document to MIME text/html (hence the xml header is replaced with doctype
html).  However, it seems to be passing through the XSLT engine without
modification.  Any ideas?  I am using Xerces 1.0.1 and Xalan 0.19.2.

-Ed