cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Cadena" <r...@factorysouth.com>
Subject RE: cocoon + application servers
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2000 00:01:03 GMT
hello all,

can someone please provide (pseudo)code for this?  it would be very helpful!

and just to give my two cents:
thanks for all the help and the great work from the cocoon developers!!

	/r

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Maring [mailto:Steven.Maring@trcinc.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 09, 2000 3:32 AM
To: 'cocoon-users@xml.apache.org'
Subject: RE: cocoon + application servers

Well, you're really dealing with two completely different concepts, business
logic and presentation.  I have used Cocoon and the Jonas OpenSource EJB
Server together quite successfully.  I'm sure Weblogic is the same concept,
you just pay a hell of a lot more for it. ;-)  I plugged my bean clients
into Servlets, and had the Servlets call Cocoon to do the XSL processing on
the XML I got from my EJB.  So your Servlets act as the EJB client and the
presentation.  And if you need to merge XML you just put a reference to an
external entity in the XML you got from the EJB.  This is much faster than

I'm sure there are a few other methods for what you want as well.

I am still disgustingly astounded at how incredibly fast Cocoon is.  Loading
up a complete DOM and passing it to an XSL processor API in the traditional
manner is REALLY slow.

Many thanks to the ingenious developers. :-)

Good luck.