cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Cadena" <r...@factorysouth.com>
Subject still having problems with producer
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2000 20:08:47 GMT
hello,

i'm having problems installing my own producer, and i saw in the archives
that others were having the same problems but no one came to any solution,
so here's my question to stir up the discussion once more.

the error i receive is:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error creating
com.factorysouth.producers.TestProducer: class is not found
	at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Manager.java:95)
	at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Router.init(Router.java, Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.cocoon.producer.ProducerFactory.init(ProducerFactory.java:73)
	at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Manager.java:90)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.(Engine.java:125)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.init(Cocoon.java:118)
	at org.apache.jserv.JServServletManager.load_init(JServServletManager.java)
	at
org.apache.jserv.JServServletManager.loadServlet(JServServletManager.java)
	at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(JServConnection.java)
	at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(JServConnection.java)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

i'm running cocoon 1.5 on a win 98 machin using apache 1.3.9 with apache
jserv 1.1-1.3.9.

i have setup cocoon and verified that it is working properly.

i made a new producer class called TestProducer which is in a package titled
com.factorysouth.producers.TestProducer

the root directory on which it resides is:

c:\web\users\robt\java
(so from there, it's
c:\web\users\java\com\factorysouth\producers\TestProducer.class)

i added the root dir to my zone.properties respositories var, like this:

repositories=c:\cocoon\bin\Cocoon.jar,c:\apache\apachejserv\servlets,c:\web\
users\robt\java

i also added this line to cocoon.properties

producer.type.test = com.factorysouth.producers.TestProducer

all should work well, in fact, it was working fine on Cocoon 1.0.  after
installing Cocoon 1.5 i moved my com/factorysouth/producers directory from
c:\dev\com\factorysouth\producers to
c:\web\users\java\com\factorysouth\producers and made the appropriate
changes in the config files.

i have tried all sorts of changes, even jaring my com\factorysout\* pacakge
as factorysouth.jar and adding it to jserv.properties as a classpath wrapper
(which shouldn't be done because those classes are not reloaded
automatically upon modification).

can anyone please tell me if they've had this error and how to fix it?

much appreciated.

	/r