cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Armin Pfarr" <apf...@vipsurf.de>
Subject Entities
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2000 10:08:04 GMT
Hi,

I still have problems with the entity-handling in Cocoon 1.6. dev. I got the
fresh sources from CVS today and did a complete rebuild. There are still
some problems. To get a better view, I attached the DTD, the Entities and
the Test-files to this mail.

1. When accessing the XML-file "test1.xml" which has no cocoon-PI's I get
the following Exception:

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.xml.serialize.BaseMarkupSerializer.printDoctypeURL(BaseMarkupSeri
alizer.java, Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.xml.serialize.BaseMarkupSerializer.unparsedEntityDecl(BaseMarkupS
erializer.java:638)
	at
org.apache.xml.serialize.BaseMarkupSerializer.serializeNode(BaseMarkupSerial
izer.java, Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.xml.serialize.BaseMarkupSerializer.serialize(BaseMarkupSerializer
.java:385)
	at org.apache.cocoon.formatter.HTMLFormatter.format(HTMLFormatter.java:80)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java, Compiled Code)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:588)
	at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(JServConnection.java)
	at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(JServConnection.java)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

2. When accessing the XML-file "test2.xml" which uses the Default copy-over
stylesheet "default.xsl" everything works fine, since the Entities are
recognized by the Browser (the resulting DTD in cocoon is HTML)

3. When acessing the XML-file "test3.xml" which uses the same stylesheet but
produes an XML-output, things again don't work. This time, the output
encoding as specified in the Stylesheet (ISO-8859-1) is not transferred to
the resulting document (UTF-8 is generated instead) and therefore IE5
complains. I know that IE5 isn't the Browser of choice, but the formatter
should in any case leave the output-encoding as specified.

4. When specifying a Stylesheet URL starting with a slash (test4.xml),
Cocoon delivers an Exception again.

org.apache.cocoon.processor.ProcessorException: Could not associate
stylesheet to document:  error reading
c:\temp\htdocs\doc\styles\default.xsl:
c:\temp\htdocs\doc\styles\default.xsl (Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad
nicht finden)
					//This means, the System cannot determine the given path (arp)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xslt.XSLTProcessor.getStylesheet(XSLTProcessor.j
ava:178)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xslt.XSLTProcessor.process(XSLTProcessor.java:10
1)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java, Compiled Code)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:588)
	at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(JServConnection.java)
	at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(JServConnection.java)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

I think the path has just been added to the Document-directory instead of
doing a Path-translation

Armin