cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Colin Britton" <cbrit...@cascadenet.com>
Subject RE: xml, html and wml
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2000 15:55:24 GMT
OK, here is a wap/xml/xsl question.

 I have some XML which includes within the CDATA some prices (for example
"save $25") For the HTML [Colin Britton] version of this it is all fine. But
the wap tookit sees this as a variable and errors. $ signs have to be
escaped as $$ in wml. What is the easiest way to allow this XML to be used
in both places and display correctly?

rgds
CB

 -----Original Message-----
From: Victor Smirnov [mailto:victor@uwc.ru]
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2000 10:02 AM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: xml, html and wml

  Hello Marcello!

  It's not a problem, realy. The result depends on your browser (precisely,
on what it tells about himselve to server).
  If it says, it is "Nokia-WAP-Toolkit" it gets wap. Other wise it gets
html.
  For instance, you can youse media="lynx" for formating for text only
browser, etc.

  To view wap you need to download Nokia-WAP-Toolkit.

  (Our you can force you browser to return this string :-)

  - Victor
    I have a simple problem:
    I'd like to apply a different xsl to an xml document in orde to obtain
html or wml output. Do oyu know if there is a particular syntax that tells
cocooon to do this?
    I'm looking at the example included with cocoon; it starts this way:

    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <?xml-stylesheet href="portfolio.html.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>
    <?xml-stylesheet href="portfolio.wml.xsl" type="text/xsl" media="wap"?>
    <?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>

    Cocoon uses always the first xsl. I tried with the following code:
"....portfolio.xml?media=wap" with no result.