cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Curro, Joseph" <Joseph.Cu...@time0.com>
Subject RE: xml, html and wml
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2000 16:53:28 GMT
For those of you interested in WAP, there is another nice toolkit, the
UP.SDK, available for free download from phone.com.  You need to change the
appropriate line in your cocoon.properties file (or add one) to read:

    browser.4 = wap=UP

Cocoon WAP example displays nicely with this toolkit.

Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: Victor Smirnov [mailto:victor@uwc.ru]
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2000 10:02 AM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: xml, html and wml

Hello Marcello!

It's not a problem, realy. The result depends on your browser (precisely, on
what it tells about himselve to server).
If it says, it is "Nokia-WAP-Toolkit" it gets wap. Other wise it gets html.
For instance, you can youse media="lynx" for formating for text only
browser, etc.

To view wap you need to download Nokia-WAP-Toolkit.

(Our you can force you browser to return this string :-)

- Victor

I have a simple problem:
I'd like to apply a different xsl to an xml document in orde to obtain html
or wml output. Do oyu know if there is a particular syntax that tells
cocooon to do this?
I'm looking at the example included with cocoon; it starts this way:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="portfolio.html.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="portfolio.wml.xsl" type="text/xsl" media="wap"?>
<?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>

Cocoon uses always the first xsl. I tried with the following code:
"....portfolio.xml?media=wap" with no result.