cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Curro, Joseph" <Joseph.Cu...@time0.com>
Subject RE: Small Problem with Cocoon
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2000 19:56:06 GMT
If you refer to the stylesheet with a full URL, it should work.  Stefano
posted a fix to CVS today.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hitesh Kr. Seth [mailto:hitesh.seth@seranova.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2000 2:21 PM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Small Problem with Cocoon

Greetings

My environment is JRun v 2.3.3, Sun JDK 1.1, Windows NT Server 4.0 SP4, IIS
4.0

I am having a small (most probably a configuration issue) with Cocoon.

I have been able to make the following xml page (xsp enabled!) work
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?cocoon-process type="xsp"?>
<xsp:page
  language="java"

<xsp:logic>
 java.util.Date today = new java.util.Date();
</xsp:logic>
<page>
 <title>Hello World!</title>
 <content>
  <paragraph>This is my first Cocoon page!</paragraph>
  <paragraph>Today's date is
<xsp:expr>today.toString()</xsp:expr></paragraph>
 </content>
</page>

</xsp:page>

but whenever in a page i refer to a particular stylesheet
e.g. the hello-page.xml example that is included with
Cocoon (in the %COCOON%\samples\hello directory)

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="hello-page-html.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>
<?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>

<!-- Written by Stefano Mazzocchi "stefano@apache.org" -->

<page>
 <title>Hello</title>
 <content>
  <paragraph>This is my first Cocoon page!</paragraph>
 </content>
</page>

I get an error
org.apache.cocoon.processor.ProcessorException: Could not associate
stylesheet to document:  error reading hello-page-html.xsl:
hello-page-html.xsl

I guess the Cocoon servlet is not able to find the xsl file.

My cocoon.properties file says the following for document root

document.root=file://D:/inetpub/wwwroot/

Could anyone point out what should be the document root parameter.

Also, just wanted to add that if I keep the complete URL of the xsl file
(http://localhost/Cocoon/hello/hello-page-html.xsl) in the XML file
then, it definately works.

A suggestion to the developers, is there any command we can pass to the
cocoon servlet
which will dump all the configuration details. (so that we know whats is
being used as
the configuration parameters). something like
http://localhost/servlet/org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon?cmd=DumpConfiguration

This might be useful for people to submit bugs and problems etc. Just a
suggestion.

Best Regards

Hitesh.