cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Curro, Joseph" <Joseph.Cu...@time0.com>
Subject RE: tools.jar problem on Solaris
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2000 18:29:11 GMT
Yes, I had the same problem yesterday.  It looks like you have only the JRE
installed on your machine (or referenced by the classpath).  You need to
have the full JDK, as the XSP files are compiled into bytecode on the fly.

Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Maring [mailto:Steven.Maring@trcinc.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2000 11:16 AM
To: 'cocoon-users@xml.apache.org'
Cc: Alan M. Sourk
Subject: tools.jar problem on Solaris

I just installed Cocoon_1.6 with the latest Xalan and Xerces on a Solaris
box.  I added the tools.jar to a CLASSPATH in the apachectl startup script
and as a wrapper.classpath in jserv.properties.  But still, everytime I try
to run the XSP examples I get:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/tools/javac/Main
                              at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaProcessor.compile(Compi
led Code)

I didn't have this problem on the Linux box.  Anyone know anything about
this?

-Steve M.
Tampa, FL  USA