cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Srikanth Parameswaran <spara...@insci.com>
Subject Performance & Scalability
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2000 17:27:51 GMT

Our engineers love what Cocoon can do.  The business logic servlet,  turns
out XML, and we use Cocoon to marry the above XML with static XSL on the
server, sending out HTML to browser clients.

We are beginning to explore, how cocoon performs under load.

Environment Cocoon 1.6.1, JDK 1.2.2, JRun Pro 2.3  on IIS4 -and- Apache

We are noticing that as we increase users to like 50,  it takes about 3 - 5
seconds, which does not impress our management.  Noticably,  response times
for single users are impressive.

We believe, we have explored business logic servlet, JRun configurations for
any bottleneck in performance and scalability.

Any help, experience on performance and scalability of cocoon will be really
appreciated.

Thanks
Sri
sparames@insci.com