cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mike Engelhart <mengelh...@earthtrip.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon Questions...
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2000 20:41:47 GMT
Ricky Szeto wrote:

> Maybe I need to clarify my first question a bit...
> I need to pass arguments to the producers only once regarding initialization
> and configuration(ie where the properties file is, where a resource directory
> is.. etc)
> I would like to do it such that it is done automatically after the
> instantiation of the Producer(before it begins service).
>
> As for the response obj, looks like I do more reading before I can decide
> which is the best way to go...
Sorry about that.  I misunderstood.  hmmm.... have your tried overriding
init()? I"m not sure I understand where in the chain of events you need to
initialize the Producer? I mean isn't it potentially created each time it is
accessed, that is if it's not in the cache somewhere?  I don't really know

Mike