cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Brevoort, Michael (FUSA)" <MichaelBrevo...@FirstUSA.com>
Subject Cocoon producer config question
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2000 14:54:47 GMT
I was wondering if anyone could help me...

I wrote a new producer that I'm trying to setup in Cocoon.  I compiled it,
and added the classpath to the .class file to my jserv.properties file as:

	wrapper.classpath=e:\apache\Demo

The classfile exists at
e:\apache\Demo\com\FUSA\CocoonDemo\DemoProducer.class and is part of the
com.FUSA.CocoonDemo package.

I also added the following line to my cocoon.properties file:

	producer.type.demo = com.FUSA.CocoonDemo.DemoProducer

One quick question, how do I specify which producer I want to use for a
specific xml file?  I noticed somewhere the syntax:
'whatever.xml?producer=dummy'.  will this work, and if it does, what happens
to the whatever.xml file when my producer dynamically generates the xml?

Ok, back to the real issue here:

When I try to bring up any xml page using the default 'file' producer, I get
this error:

Publishing Engine could not be initialized.

      java.lang.RuntimeException: Error creating
com.FirstUSA.CocoonDemo.DemoProducer: class is not found
              at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Manager.java:95)
              at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Router.init(Router.java,
Compiled Code)
              at
org.apache.cocoon.producer.ProducerFactory.init(ProducerFactory.java:73)
              at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Manager.java:90)
              at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.(Engine.java:125)
              at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.init(Cocoon.java:118)
              at
org.apache.jserv.JServServletManager.load_init(JServServletManager.java:569)
              at
org.apache.jserv.JServServletManager.loadServlet(JServServletManager.java:48
8)
              at
org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(JServConnection.java:266)
              at
org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(JServConnection.java:188)
              at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

Thanks in advance!

Mike Brevoort
Internet Systems Integration
First USA Bank