cocoon-users mailing list archives

From ncha...@eccompany.com
Subject Unable to do Servlet chaining with my own Request class
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2000 18:21:03 GMT

Hi,

I am using Apache 1.3.9 mod_ssl 2.4.7 and OpenSSL 0.9.4. JRun 2.3.3 is
running for Servlet engine.
Sorry for posting it in the wrong place.  But still somebody can help me on
 this issue

I want to modify HttpServletRequest so, I extended my own request object
HttpProxyRequest from HttpServletRequest.
I modified my HttpProxyRequest object and pass it in the
RequestDispatcher.forward() function.
The part of source is as follows

SOURCE CODE START:
RequestDispatcher dispatcher =
getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher("/servlet/cocoon");
if (dispatcher == null) {
     res.sendError(res.SC_NO_CONTENT);
}
HttpProxyRequest preq;
preq = new HttpProxyRequest(req);
preq.setRequestURI("/example/hello/hello.xml");
dispatcher.forward(preq, res);
SOURCE CODE END:

The code gets compiled. When I try to access the servlet which runs the
above code. I get the following errors in the error.log file

ERROR MESSAGE START:
Mon Jan 10 16:36:18 PST 2000: Running servlet
{ (Running servlet) java.lang.ClassCastException: HttpProxyRequest
     at
com.livesoftware.jrun.JRunServletContext$JRunRequestDispatcher.forward(JRun
ServletContext.java:346)
     at HelloWorldServlet.doGet(HelloWorldServlet.java:71)
     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:715)
     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:840)
     at com.livesoftware.jrun.JRun.runServlet(JRun.java, Compiled Code)
     at
com.livesoftware.jrun.JRunGeneric.handleConnection(JRunGeneric.java:116)
     at
com.livesoftware.jrun.JRunGeneric.handleProxyConnection(JRunGeneric.java:78
)
     at
com.livesoftware.jrun.service.proxy.JRunProxyServiceHandler.handleRequest(J
RunProxyServiceHandler.java:102)
     at
com.livesoftware.jrun.service.ThreadConfigHandler.run(ThreadConfigHandler.j
ava, Compiled Code)
 }
ERROR MESSAGE END:

Can some one please help me on this issue.  If some one can tell me where
to post this message, I will do that too.

thanks and regards,
Naga