cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Rick Tyler <r...@ticketweb.com>
Subject Help! NoClassDefFoundError: TXDocument
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2000 01:27:03 GMT
I have read all the documentation I have find and followed all
the instructions I have come across and tried every possible
experiment I can think of but Cocoon still isn't happening
for me.

When I try to load http://localhost/servlets/hello.xml (I copied
the hello.{xml|xsl} files from the cocoon\example\hello directory
into my htdocs), I get 500 Internal Server Error and the following
clues appear in my jserv.log:

[19/01/2000 17:02:24:217 PST] org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon: init
[19/01/2000 17:02:25:930 PST]
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:com/ibm/xml/parser/TXDocument
        at com.kav.xml.DOMReader.createDocument(DOMReader.java)
        at com.kav.xsl.ProcessorEnv.<init>(ProcessorEnv.java)
        at com.kav.xsl.RuleProcessor.process(RuleProcessor.java,
Compiled Code)
        at com.kav.xsl.RuleProcessor.process(RuleProcessor.java)
        at com.kav.xsl.XSLProcessor.process(XSLProcessor.java)
        at com.kav.xsl.XSLProcessor.process(XSLProcessor.java)
       	at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.XSLPProcessor.process(XSLPProcessor.java:83)
        at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.service(Cocoon.java, Compiled Code)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:588)
       	at
org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(JServConnection.java:314)
        at
org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(JServConnection.java:188)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

I am using:

	NT 4.0 SP 6
	JSDK 2.0
	Apache 1.3.9
	JServ 1.1b3

My jserv.properties DOES include the following, so please don't
respond by saying that I need to add these lines:

	wrapper.classpath=c:\cocoon\bin\cocoon.jar
	wrapper.classpath=c:\cocoon\bin\xslp.jar
	wrapper.classpath=c:\cocoon\bin\openxml.jar

The .jar files I am using came with the Cocoon_1.1.tar.gz file
which means they may be somewhat old.  Could that be the problem?
If so, how would I go about updating the .jar files to newer
versions?  Given that the error I am seeing appears to involve
the xml parser, I obviously tried downloading the latest xmlopen
parser from IBM's web site.  When I did this, the file arrived
as openxml-1.1.jar and I simply tried renaming it as openxml.jar,
in place of the older version.  When I tried that, relaunched
Apache/JServ, and tried to reload hello.xml, I get different
(presumably lower level) errors in jserv.conf which lead me to
believe that my attempt at "upgrading" openxml.jar was not
successful:

[19/01/2000 17:24:02:564 PST] org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon: init
[19/01/2000 17:24:03:045 PST] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/openxml/DOMFac
tory
        at
org.apache.cocoon.parser.OpenXMLParser.parse(OpenXMLParser.java:69)
        at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.service(Cocoon.java, Compiled Code)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:588)
        at
org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(JServConnection.java:314)
        at
org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(JServConnection.java:188)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

Any help would be much appreciated.

- RT