cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Michel Lehon" <nain_b...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Help! NoClassDefFoundError: TXDocument
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2000 08:44:17 GMT
> > I guess the best you can do is
> >
> > 0°) Forget about your Cocoon 1.1 files
> > 1°) download Cocoon 1.6
>
> On xml.apache.org, under "Cocoon" / "Download", the only thing I see
> which appears to relate to Cocoon 1.6 is Cocoon-1.6.jar, which I tried
> downloading and using to replace my existing cocoon.jar, but that
> doesn't work.  When I try that, I get:
>
> [20/01/2000 20:41:47:640] (ERROR) ajp12: Servlet Error:
> ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon

[snip solve this problem first]

Well this seems to be an old problem of the Cocoon distribution.
Cocoon-1.6.jar is NOT cocoon.jar
Cocoon-1.6.jar is the distribution file, you should unjar it (you can rename
it to .zip and unzip it).

You will get a lot of files in a nice directory structure, go to
docs/install.html to get further info for the installation process.

Michel.
Michel.Lehon@Outwares.com
Data Warehousing and Web enablement.